Translations:Fernando Botero/20/en

From Enciclopedia | Banrepcultural
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The headquarters of Botero Museum, located on Calle 11 between Carrera 4 and Carrera 5, was built between 1724 and 1733 to be the palace of the archbishop of Santa Fe. Years later, the Mint was built next to the palace by its director Tomás Sánchez Reciente. The first renovation of the palace took place between 1788 and 1790 during the administration of the bishop Antonio Caballero y Góngora, in order to expand the library area and the space for the art collection. Notable aspects of its architecture were the presence of a chimney and a water fountain in the interior courtyard, exotic features that in the colonial era denoted luxury and power