Translations:Jean Baptiste Louis Gros/16/en
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1793: Born in France on February 8.
- 1823: Began his diplomatic career in the French government with the Portuguese court.
- 1828: Moved to Egypt on a mission.
- 1831: Traveled on a diplomatic mission to Mexico.
- 1839: Traveled on a diplomatic mission to Colombia, to Cartagena de Indias in August and Bogotá in September.
- 1842: Took the first two daguerreotypes in Colombia.
- 1843: Ended his stay in Colombia.
- 1847: Recolección de recuerdos y nuevos procesos relativos a la fotografía (Published Recollection of Memories and New Processes Concerning Photography).
- 1850: Captured images of the Acropolis in Athens, Greece.
- 1851: Chaired the Heliographic Society of France.
- 1870: Died in Paris on August 17.