Translations:Jean Baptiste Louis Gros/16/en
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
- 1793: Born in France on February 8.
- 1823: Began his diplomatic career in the French government with the Portuguese court.
- 1828: Moved to Egypt on a mission.
- 1831: Traveled on a diplomatic mission to Mexico.
- 1839: Traveled on a diplomatic mission to Colombia, to Cartagena de Indias in August and Bogotá in September.
- 1842: Took the first two daguerreotypes in Colombia.
- 1843: Ended his stay in Colombia.
- 1847: Recolección de recuerdos y nuevos procesos relativos a la fotografía (Published Recollection of Memories and New Processes Concerning Photography).
- 1850: Captured images of the Acropolis in Athens, Greece.
- 1851: Chaired the Heliographic Society of France.
- 1870: Died in Paris on August 17.