Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1948: Born in Bogotá, Colombia.
- 1972: Received a degree in architecture from Universidad de los Andes, the first step in a prolific academic life, with several postgraduate degrees and numerous texts and books published.
- 1974-1975: Received a graduated diploma in urban design from Oxford Polytechnic in England.
- 1975-1979: Received a master's degree from Universite Paris Xii (Paris-Val-De-Marne) for the thesis Proposed Evolution of Public Space in Bogotá in the Twentieth Century.
- 1977-1979: Received a doctorate in Urbanisme Et Amenagement from Universite Paris Xii (Paris-Val-De-Marne), for the thesis Proposed Evolution of Public Space in Bogotá in the Twentieth Century.
- 1987: Appointed director of the Museum of Architecture of the National University.
- 1989: Published her first book Historia de la arquitectura en Colombia (History of Architecture in Colombia), for which she won the National Architecture Award two years later, the first time that an academic text received the award.
- 1992: Obtained the National Architecture Award for the book Historia de la arquitectura en Colombia (History of Architecture in Colombia). Decorated with Medal of Teaching Merit by the National University of Colombia.
- 1995-1997: Obtained the Getty grant to develop the project Latin American Architecture, from 1939 to 1960 coordinated by Jorge Francisco Liernur.
- 1996: Member of the jury at the Pan-American Biennial of Architecture in Quito.
- 1997: Published the book Arquitectura de la Primera Modernidad en Bogotá (Architecture of the First Modernity in Bogota) with Fondo de Promoción de la Cultura
- 2000: Won the America Prize for Theory and Criticism at the Latin American Architecture Seminars in Puerto Rico.
- 2002: Published the book Historia de un itinerario (History of an Itinerary) with the National University of Colombia.
- 2008: Received a postdoctoral degree in architecture of urban and symbolic forms in the years 1880-1920 from Mexico’s National Autonomous University (UNAM).
- 2014: Member of the jury in the first cycle of the Rogelio Salmona Prize, establishing criteria for winners the prize, awarded every two years.